Friday, January 21, 2005

To build anticipation for my 30th Birthday Showcase Showdown, which is only a precious 10 months away (reserve your seat now, folks), I present the top indicators that I'm really getting old:

-I've stopped counting the grey hairs that fall off my head when I get my hair cut.
-New musical genres (see emo, crunk, glitch, screamo) irritate me and are basically just noise.
-Biz Markie is on a reality show.
-Flavor Flav is on TWO reality shows.
-Ice Cube is in a family movie!
-I find teenagers to be really dumb.
-Strangers say things to you like "Oh, to be young again" and expect you to say something in return like "I know what you're talking about, sweetie!"
-I find newfangled video games to be needlessly complicated and time consuming, and the fact that Mario and Zelda are key figures of my childhood dates me quite a bit.
-I'm starting to watch CBS Sunday Morning.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Whoa... I started watching CBS Sunday Morning when I turned 30.

Francisco (Melvin) Rosario said...

Louise! I'm merely turning 25 next month and I already feel the same way as you on most of these issues.

We had a great time last night.

All my best,
Phyllis G.

Lou said...

VH1 has fat celebrities!!!!