Thursday, January 12, 2006

So, it just happens to be the case that the first book I've finished this year (I am going to be reading like crazy now that school is over) is also a complete and utter lie (kind of).

I dunno. There were rumblings of the author's "creative license" before I started reading the book, so I kind of took everything with a grain of salt as I was reading it. Overall, I liked it. It wasn't amazing, I wasn't in complete awe by the end like I was with, say, "The Corrections" or "Life of Pi." Parts of it did seem a bit exaggerated, and it runs out of steam towards the end.

I'm currently reading "The Kid : What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant" by Dan Savage of Savage Love fame. It's easily the funniest thing I've read since the last Sedaris novel (why is it that only gay writers have a sense of humor these days) sprinkled with actual information about adoption (which is rather timely, considering the urge to raise a kid spiked way up as soon as I turned 30 for some reason).

In literature, as in life, if you want to have a good time stick with the perv and stay away from the crackhead. :)

1 comment:

Gina Bruce said...

I'm calling it A Million Little Lies. I started it between the holidays... which reminds me of a card someone sent me one time. But being that I don't watch anything but Access Hollywood, Extra and My Name is Earl, I hadn't heard he was in aqueous non-humor. Now I think I may have to start writing my own memoirs...A Million Little Pubic Lice.