Friday, March 23, 2007

The gym by work just replaced a bunch of their treadmills with Tread Climbers. What is a Tread Climber, you ask? Well, it's a cross between a treadmill and a stair climber, silly. And you know what? I tried one out, and after 20 seconds I was positive that I was going to have an embarassing, perhaps paralyzing incident if I stayed on it any longer. These things are insane, have made it even more difficult to get on a treadmill after work, and need to go away now. I hope a pack of wild baby elephants go on a rampage and destroy all of them so I can have my beloved treadmills back. That is all.

4 comments:

Brian said...

You have a gym at work?... lucky

Unknown said...

so what makes them so difficult? is it like the nordicflex ski machine that almost ripped my arms off the first time i used it?

Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lou said...

Not at work, just two blocks away from it, which isn't too bad, since working out with co-workers would be kinda odd.

The machine has two treads that move up and down independently. When one tread is up, the other tread is down. If your step is slightly off target, half your foot could be stepping on nothing, putting you off balance, and sending you to your bone crushing doom between the two evil independently moving treads.

You know what, I might have to try this machine again.