Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Today, I filled out the best form in the world - my graduation application for school. After going for my MBA part time for the last three years, I have one semester left. Come Christmas, I will no longer have to juggle my responsibilities between work and school. This makes me very very happy.

I have become such a bad student this year, along with everyone else graduating this year. I used to at least try to read everything that was assigned, now it's gotten to the point where I might glance at it and just wait to hear what I'll be tested on. It's kind of a vicious cycle - the further into your MBA you are, the higher up you become, the more responsibilities you're handed, the more meetings you're running back and forth from, the more difficult it becomes to leave at 5:30 twice a week for class. I missed about 40% of the classes for this summer's second term because I simply couldn't leave.

I'm glad I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started this whole process, because I probably wouldn't have gone through with it. :)

So January will be a very nice month, not having to run to class, and knowing that every weekend will be homework free. Then it'll be time for another necessary evil - job interviews!

No comments: