Thursday, September 08, 2005

As I was trying to fall asleep last week, random thoughts started popping into my head. I was thinking about how Ol' Dirty Bastard completely bum-rushed Shawn Colvin's acceptance speech at the Grammy's a few years ago, and it made me kind of sad about his death since people don't interrupt speeches nearly enough. Then I started thinking about how sushi is basically taking over the world. It seems like half of all new restaurants opening around town are sushi joints (same goes for South Beach), and I figured it's only a matter of time before we have a fast-food-esque Sushi chain.

Then came the eureka moment - what better theme song to use in the initial marketing campaign for the nation's first major sushi chain than Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Shimmy Shimmy Ya"? Can't you see the commercials showing fabulous assortments of maki and tempura, with ODB's throaty "Yeah baby I like it RAAAAWWWWW" as the backdrop? Good, now give me my million dollars.

No comments: