Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I love a parade. Well, actually, I could care less about most of them, but I particularly enjoy the Gay Pride parade. This is because:

-In my daily life, one so rarely has the opportunity to cheer and clap for people walking down the street that they've never met before. Doing so fills me with the warm and satisfying feeling that I am an altruistic person.
-I like to watch the lesbians try to get all the free stuff they can.
-I like to watch people dance on top of moving platforms while trying not to fall.
-I like to yell "woo." I like to yell "woo" a lot.

Plus, I think it's just a crime to not go out and support the thing. Despite how homophobic the country seems today, it's easy to forget how much things have actually improved over the years. Joe My God posted the Daily News' reporting of the Stonewall Riots today, get ready for your stomach to churn.

It's equally important to go out drinking right after the parade (how could you not!), so after a couple boring beers at Nowhere, xes ended up being the best place to go, with a nice mix of natives and tourists whooping it up.

Just as we were about to leave at a responsible hour, Peppermint Gummybear and her karaoke extravaganza had to come along and make sure I had a really difficult Monday.

Peppermint began the show by requesting the audience provide the word of the day. In pure Pee Wee's Playhouse fashion, whenever anyone said or sang the word of the day, the crowd was to scream real loud. Of course, the crowd starts shouting suggestions like hookers at a fishnet stocking convention. The husbear continues to suggest a certain part of the male anatomy. But it was my suggestion that ultimately won Ms. Gummybear over. After explaining the meaning of the word to her and much of the crowd, it was deemed word of the evening. I felt honored and famous.

The word was "odgeda."

I didn't actually get up on stage to perform any songs (my voice was a bit hoarse after a day of wooing), but if requested I was prepared to go up and seriously work it out to Felix Da Housecat's "Silver Screen." It's important to have a back-up plan at all times.

Felix Da Housecat - Silver Screen

1 comment:

Gina Bruce said...

You love a parade? I love it when:

1. my nipples get hard for no reason
2. i eat pound cake
3. my dog burps

and, oh yeah...
WHEN YOU FUCKING POST REGULARLY, BITCH!

do you love it? I love you!
Love you bitches, GinaBru