Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Kevin Aviance was the victim of a gay bashing this weekend, after leaving the Phoenix.

I'm in disbelief that something like this could happen in a part of town I frequently hang out in. The Phoenix is one of my favorite bars. A great selection of beers on tap, a jukebox that always has the latest hipster selections, a Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga machine, and some of the friendliest (and cutest) bartenders in the city.

I've left there many a night in a condition probably not best suited for dealing with an altercation such as this (to the fine folks at Stella Artois, thank you). I think many of us take the city's generally permissive atmosphere for granted, forgetting that there are still a few idiots here.

I wish Kevin a speedy recovery. His performances may not always be on point, but his hosting of Danny Tenaglia's Clubzilla party seven years ago this month was flawless (right, Gina?).

Get well soon, Ms. Aviance. May the rhythm always be your bitch.

3 comments:

Gina Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gina Bruce said...

Clubzilla was off the HOOK, spacebitch. I too was saddened to read this in last Sunday's Post (i know, only the highest quality in periodicals can entice me!).

Couple this with an article I read from aol.com (i know you're saying to yourself: "Gina, STOP with the luxury news consumption. Don't be a media SNOB!" - but again... only the best will do) that was about an agency investigation on FEMA Katrina relief dollars - estimating that $1.4 Billion (roughly 16% of total aid given) was done so to those undeserving. The report cites luxurious uses for some of the money, including Hawaiaan vacations, spa treatments and even a sex change! do you love it?

Anyhoozlebees - all that to say I'm ready to move to a new country where things aren't so fucked up.

Lou said...

Let's move to Austria! There's nobody there!