Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Here is a list of things that I hate:

-Those little plastic pulltabs on orange juice and soy milk containers that you have to pull off when you first open them.
-The Who.
-Scenes in movies where all of a sudden the computer has all the answers. One character will sit in front of the computer and take charge, which means typing frantically on the keyboard, while at least two others watch over his shoulder with baited breath. The viewer is supposed to believe, then, that this individual can navigate through sophisticated menus filled with vector graphics right out of Tron to come across the answer, like where the bomb is or where the nuclear missile is about to detonate, without touching a mouse once. According to Hollywood, q-w-e-r-t-y can solve all the world's problems.
-People that make a statement, and then say "Why?" and then go on to answer their own question, but we've covered this already.
-Having to shake a beverage before drinking it (also, see #1).
-Turnips.
-WALKING A MILE TO THE BROOKLYN LIRR STATION IN THE FREEZING COLD, TO BE GREEETED BY A 45 MINUTE LINE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE TRAIN, TO TAKE THE TRAIN TO JAMAICA QUEENS, TO THEN HAVE TO BE ROUTED OUT OF THE TRAIN STATION TO THE STREET BELOW, TO STAND IN THE FREEZING COLD FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS, TO FINALLY GET A TRAIN INTO PENN STATION... TO GO TO WORK.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on that last one. I decided it would be best to "work from home". Tomorrow if the strike is still on, I will be doing the 1:15 hour walk over the Brooklyn Bridge to the office.

Lou said...

I considered the Brooklyn Bridge route, but was sure I had picked the "warmer" route. I was totally caught off guard by the Jamaica Station Line-Up Jamboree.

Francisco (Melvin) Rosario said...

I've been lucky finding cabs in the morning and even luckier that my company is reimbursing me for it.

But last night I walk home and today I need my legs massaged.

All my best,
Phyllis G.

Gina Bruce said...

Did you see that Pete Townshend is now loated by Steve Jobs and iPod? He warns users of iPods will suffer hearing degradation/loss from frequent and loud earphone use. This all in his new role as Captain Obvious. Doesn't he know everyone reads those warning pamphlets that are included in the packaging. That's the very reason I stopped smoking. Well.. at least while I was pregnant.